OMSGUARD™ RISK MANAGEMENT
OMSNIC has developed a comprehensive risk management program, uniquely designed for OMS. Our goal is to educate the specialty about current risk management techniques to enhance patient care and help reduce liability exposure.
OMSGuard Risk Management Education
- Live Seminars - presented to OMS, residents and staff members
- e-Learning Center - online risk management courses
- OMSNIC is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. Upon successfully completing any live or online seminar, OMSNIC will issue CE credit that may be applicable towards professional license renewal.
Additional Risk Management Resources
- Dedicated Risk Managers are available to answer your questions
- Informed Consent Forms
- The OMS Guardian – quarterly digital newsletter that provides contemporary clinical and insurance information of interest to OMS.
- OMSNICase - presentations submitted by residents that represent challenging clinical cases, complications and outcomes with relevant risk management recommendations
- Case of the Month - summaries of closed claims with risk management lessons highlighted
- Frequently Asked Risk Management Questions and Risk Management Scenarios
Premium Credit for Policyholders
Policyholders can earn a 5% renewal premium credit, applicable for three policy periods and renewable thereafter, upon successfully completing the 4-hour OMSGuard risk management course (live or online*)
* The online course must be completed within 90 days of the effective date of the policy in order to receive the credit for that specific policy period.