Fortress has developed a comprehensive risk management program, uniquely designed for the dental office. Our goal is to educate dentists and their staff about current risk management techniques that enhance patient care and help reduce liability exposure.
Risk Management Education
- Live Seminars - presented to dentists, residents, dental students and staff members
- e-Learning Center - online risk management courses
- Fortress is a wholly owned subsidiary of OMSNIC. OMSNIC is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. Upon successful completion of any live or online seminar, participants will earn CE credits that may be applicable towards professional license renewal.
Additional Risk Management Resources
- Dedicated Risk Managers are available to answer your questions
- Informed Consent Forms
- The DDS Guardian - quarterly risk management publication that provides contemporary clinical and insurance information of interest to dentists
- Case of the Month - summaries of closed claims with risk management lessons highlighted
- Frequently Asked Risk Management Questions and Risk Management Scenarios
Premium Credit for Policyholders
Effective January 3, 2017, you can take advantage of an alternative option to earn a 10% risk management premium credit on your policy. Complete any one-hour course in the Fortress e-Learning Center to earn a 10% premium credit on your Fortress policy for one policy period*. Complete a different course each year to renew your credit. You will also earn one CE credit upon completion of each course.
You will continue to have the option to earn a 10% risk management credit for three consecutive policy periods* upon completion of RMC 315 in the e-Learning Center, or by attending a live, three-hour risk management seminar. You will also earn three CE credits upon completion of each course.
* All courses must be completed within 90 days of the effective date of the policy in order to receive the credit for that policy period.