Fortress specializes in insuring and defending dentists – it is our only business. Since 1997, we have handled more than 6,400 dentist-specific claims and 121 dentist-specific trials. Our Claims Satisfaction rate - 96% - speaks for itself.
Your Fortress policy offers protection for many types of claims arising from alleged bodily injury including:
- Dental Board Claims
- Request for Compensation (RFC) - claims for money damages as a result of alleged negligent treatment that are requested prior to a lawsuit being filed.
Please log in to access the “Coping with Litigation Stress” section, as well as other Claims-related resources, information and tips. For additional information about specific policy coverages, please contact Policyholder Services at 800-522-6675.
WHAT IF I HAVE A CLAIM?
If you have a claim, one of our licensed claims professionals will guide you through the litigation process and strive to protect you and your practice. We'll work closely with local defense counsel to provide you with an aggressive claims defense.
The Fortress Claims Committee, a confidential peer-review committee, meets monthly to review and help define effective mitigation strategies that keep many claims against our insureds from going to trial.
To report a claim or dental board matter, please contact a Fortress Claims Professional at 800-522-6675 or email us at claimreports@Fortressins.com.
Contact Fortress immediately if any of the following occurs:
- Death of a patient under any circumstances.
- Any adverse occurrence that you believe may later result in a claim.
- Contact by an attorney/demand from a patient.
- Receipt of a subpoena or suit papers.
- Contact by a peer or state review agency.